www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Serguei Trouchelle <angryx...@pnch.org>
Subject os-windows/7344: Apache 1.3.17/Win32 cannot be installed with MSI-installer into specified directory.
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 07:32:04 GMT

>Number:         7344
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Apache 1.3.17/Win32 cannot be installed with MSI-installer into specified
directory.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When I try to install apache_1.3.17-win32-no_src.msi and specify installation directory not
a "C:\Program Files\Apache Group" by pressing "Change..." button,  MSI installer says "The
volume C: is currently unavailable. Please select another", then finishes installation procedure
without any copying etc.

If I install it into "C:\Program Files\Apache Group", installation proceeds fine.

The version of MSI installer I use is downloaded from links on apache.org download page.
>How-To-Repeat:
I think, you can repeat it with selecting "Custom" setup and changing installation directory.
>Fix:
Throw away that buggy MicroShaft(r) installer. Or, release addition zip-package to win32-versions.