www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Serguei Trouchelle <trouche...@dts.dp.ua>
Subject Re: os-windows/7344: Apache 1.3.17/Win32 cannot be installed with MSI-installer into specified directory.
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 15:20:15 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/7344; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Serguei Trouchelle <trouchelle@dts.dp.ua>
To: wrowe@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-windows/7344: Apache 1.3.17/Win32 cannot be installed with MSI-installer into
specified directory.
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:09:02 +0200

 Witaj wrowe,

 W Twoim licie datowanym 2  2001 . (16:22:08) mona przeczyta:

 wao> Synopsis: Apache 1.3.17/Win32 cannot be installed with MSI-installer into specified
directory.

 wao> State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 wao> State-Changed-By: wrowe
 wao> State-Changed-When: Fri Mar  2 06:22:03 PST 2001
 wao> State-Changed-Why:

 !!! Important note !!!

 After all problems with changing installation path I has to install
 Apache with "Complete Install" to default directory. After this, I
 tried to reinstall Apache with different path, and installation was
 successful.

 Anyway, I think this is still a problem, double installation isn't a
 good solution.

 wao> Please indicate which version of the installer you are
 wao> running by launching MSIEXEC and noting the version number.

 Windows Installer V 1.20.1827.0

 wao> Also, are you choosing the path through the custom install,
 wao> or the complete install?

 From custom install.

 wao> Are you keying the path you want,
 wao> or choosing it from the filesystem browser?

 Neither first, nor second. This message is poped-up directly after
 pressing "Change" button, before I can choose any path.

 wao> Severity-Changed-From-To: serious-non-critical
 wao> Severity-Changed-By: wrowe
 wao> Severity-Changed-When: Fri Mar  2 06:22:03 PST 2001

 Serguei Trouchelle,
   http://angryxpeh.nm.ru
   Fido: 2:550/4077 R55PK
   Phone: (380-562)-387-544