www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mod_mime/7519: Undocumented or incorrect change in handling of text/plain
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 04:55:38 GMT
From: <marc@apache.org>
To: <apache-bugdb@apache.org>; <marc@apache.org>; <whisper@oz.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 12:37 AM
Subject: Re: mod_mime/7519: Undocumented or incorrect change in handling of text/plain

> Synopsis: Undocumented or incorrect change in handling of text/plain
>
> Comment-Added-By: marc
> Comment-Added-When: Wed Apr  4 22:37:30 PDT 2001
> Comment-Added:
> can you provide a URL that we can access that demonstrates this behaviour?

Better yet, do you have the utility NetCat (nc) for windows? (I use 1.10 NT)
Using the utility, it's simple stop your server, and use:

nc -l -p 80 localhost >trapie

Request the exact page from IE (which will send the output to trapie),
and finally start your server and use:

nc localhost 80 <trapie >results

Which will send the trapie request and capture the file results.  Do this
twice against your mystery file, and you should have a handle on what the
difference is between 1.3.17 and 1.3.19.

Convoluted, we agree, so if you simply have Marc's answer, that is fine as well.
You might put the 1.3.17 and 1.3.19 servers up against two ports (with the
identical docroots) that we can compare.

Thanks for the report, have patience :-)

Bill