www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Larry E.Ives <larry.i...@swiftenergy.com>
Subject general/7499: If I password protect a directory and the documents being retrieved by the client are Microsoft Office documents the password challenge works great when the client is using Office 97 but when using Office 2000 the password challenge occu
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 14:04:01 GMT

>Number:         7499
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       If I password protect a directory and the documents being retrieved by
the client are Microsoft Office documents the password challenge works great when the client
is using Office 97 but when using Office 2000 the password challenge occu
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have set up the access.conf file to password protect a directory that has Microsoft Word
documents and Excel files. All works fine when the client is using Office 97 but when the
client is using Office 2000 the password challenge comes up every time the client tries to
access a new link in that directory. When the client is using 97 the password challenge only
occurs once when entering that particular directory/site. I am using .htaccess files but have
tried doing the config. in access.conf as well but it still had problems.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

 rs before any document in that directory is accessed.