www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Christophe BAEGERT <cbaeg...@europeanservers.net>
Subject mod_log-any/7506: when the log directory doesn't exist, "apachectl configtest" says OK, "apachectl start" says OK, but it crashes just after that !
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 13:44:52 GMT

>Number:         7506
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       when the log directory doesn't exist, "apachectl configtest" says OK,
"apachectl start" says OK, but it crashes just after that !
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
when the log directory doesn't exist, "apachectl configtest" says OK, "apachectl start" says
OK, but it crashes just after that !

fopen: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type  (in english : no such file or directory)
httpd: could not open error log file /var/log/ftp/logs/tests-error_log.
>How-To-Repeat:
Type "CustomLog /var/non-existing_directory/log/access.log" and restart apache !
>Fix:
to control if the directory exists in "apachectl configtest", (I think it's too heavy to implement
it at each start of apache)