www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David LeBlanc <whis...@oz.net>
Subject mod_mime/7519: Undocumented or incorrect change in handling of text/plain
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 23:25:20 GMT

>Number:         7519
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       Undocumented or incorrect change in handling of text/plain
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
In prior versions of Apache (1.3.17), script files that returned content of type text/plain
would display as an HTML page. Now, the server offers to download the _output_ of scripts
that return content of type text/plain.

I have made no changes to conf/mime.types or conf/magic. I have not added anything pertaining
to text/plain to my httpd.conf file.

Files like "foo.txt" do display in the browser.
>How-To-Repeat:
run this:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl
##
##  printenv -- demo CGI program which just prints its environment
##

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
foreach $var (sort(keys(%ENV))) {
    $val = $ENV{$var};