www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Hampson <dhamp...@pullman.com>
Subject Re: os-other/7542: FollowSymLinks - Doesn't
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 04:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-other/7542; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Hampson <dhampson@pullman.com>
To: marc@Apache.Org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-other/7542: FollowSymLinks - Doesn't
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:42:27 -0700

 On Sunday, April 8, 2001, at 09:01  PM, marc@apache.org wrote:

 > [In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, you need]
 > [to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]
 > [subject line starts with the report component and number, with ]
 > [or without any 'Re:' prefixes (such as "general/1098:" or      ]
 > ["Re: general/1098:").  If the subject doesn't match this       ]
 > [pattern, your message will be misfiled and ignored.  The       ]
 > ["apbugs" address is not added to the Cc line of messages from  ]
 > [the database automatically because of the potential for mail   ]
 > [loops.  If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
 > [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request from a  ]
 > [developer.  Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!     ]
 >

 > Synopsis: FollowSymLinks - Doesn't
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 > State-Changed-By: marc
 > State-Changed-When: Sun Apr  8 21:01:51 PDT 2001
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > What does "echo ~dave" from a shell return?

 [localhost:~] dave% echo ~dave
 /Users/dave
 [localhost:~] dave%

 > Category-Changed-From-To: config-os-other
 > Category-Changed-By: marc
 > Category-Changed-When: Sun Apr  8 21:01:51 PDT 2001

  From my /etc/httpd/hpptd.conf file.........
 .
 .
 .
 DocumentRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents"

 <Directory />
      Options FollowSymLinks
      AllowOverride None
 </Directory>

 <Directory "/Library/WebServer/Documents">
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
 </Directory>
 .
 .
 .

 For a while today, I was wondering if the AllowOveride None line might be
 the culprit.  I'm knew at this, but I am again of the opinion that it has
 no effect.