www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rick Otten <rot...@gozo.ugate.net>
Subject general/7552: <VirtualHost> is now broken
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:42:41 GMT

>Number:         7552
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       <VirtualHost> is now broken
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
I am running the newest 2.0 Beta release, 2.0.16.
It is running on Solaris 8.

uname -a:
SunOS mymachine 5.8 Generic_108528-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1
Everything gets routed to the first <virtualhost> entry with this release.

(Using Name Hosting.)

I've reviewed the documentation, replaced my IP's with '*'s' and tried a
variety of configurations but it definitely seems to be a bug with the new
code.

I've been running the 2.0 Alpha's for at least a year.
I skipped 2.0.15, so I can't say if the problem was present in that release.
>How-To-Repeat:
I can only try this on the one platform, but you should be able to
set up a simple name based virtual hosting configuration to duplicate this.
>Fix:
I don't think the VirtualHost structures are getting built properly.
That is the best I can offer at this time...