www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Carsten Pedersen <carsten.peder...@bitbybit.dk>
Subject documentation/7562: Download of documentation should be available from web site
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2001 16:46:34 GMT

>Number:         7562
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       Download of documentation should be available from web site
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Sorry if this is not the place to report this, but I couldn't find a specific place to do
so on the web site...

When searching the download area, a PDF file of the documentation is available for download.
However, there doesn't appear to be a separate HTML download of the documentation.

Those of us using Apache hosted by ISPs don't really care to download the entire source package
just to get at the documentation. It would be a great service, if you woule provide the HTML
format of the documentation in a separate download package.

I imagine that this could consierably reduce the traffic on your servers as well.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/ should contain a 'download the full HTML documentation" link,
pointing to a tarball, zip and/or RPM file.