www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joseph Allen <all...@afccc.af.mil>
Subject general/7588: Syntax Error in httpd.conf
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 03:01:09 GMT

>Number:         7588
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Syntax Error in httpd.conf
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I'm getting a sytax error when trying to startssl.  I have mod_ssl-2.8.2 with apache_1.3.19.

Line 206:

LoadModule ssl_module libexec/libssl.so

"Syntax error on line 206 of /usr/local/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load libssl.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd:
fatal: /usr/local/apache/libexec/libssl.so: open failed: No such file or
directory"

I have all the neccesary lib paths in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I don't know what it is looking for to open.

I'm baffled!  I can't even get apache to compile using standard libs.  I have to use shared
libs.  Using apache1.3.19/configure and I get a slew of undefined errors when try to compile
httpd.  Is there a standard way of getting this to compile where it will work?
>How-To-Repeat:
Try it sometime.  It's real fun!
>Fix:
iPlanet?