www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pedro Fonseca <pedro.fons...@iscte.pt>
Subject mod_auth-any/8687: module mod_auth_digest cannot be loaded - undefined symbol: randbyte
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:14:59 GMT

>Number:         8687
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       module mod_auth_digest cannot be loaded - undefined symbol: randbyte
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I configured Apache with the following options:
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --server-uid=www --server-gid=www --enable-module=most
--enable-shared=max

I went into the experimental module directory of the Apache sources and compiled mod_auth_digest
with:
# /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -i -a -c mod_auth_digest.c

No errors were reported, the appropriate load module directives were added to httpd.conf and
I'm not using mod_digest. When I try to start the server, it says
"configuration broken". When I do a configtest, the following appears:

# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 238 of /usr/local/apache-1.3.22/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_auth_digest.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_auth_digest.so: undefined symbol: randbyte
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
No.