www-community mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Non-released Dependencies
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2014 13:53:27 GMT
Am 25.07.2014 16:26, schrieb Greg Stein:

> I believe you have two options: fork their code into your project, and do
> some appropriate subpackage renaming to clarify it is distinct. Or,
> ideally, you join *their* community and help them cut a release, and then
> base your code on that.
Just to clarify. We are talking about FontBox which is part of the PDFBox
project. We don't have any difficulties to release a new version. We are working
on a new major release containing a lot of new stuff and refactorings. Some of
them are within FontBox but most are within the core component itself. We are
planning to cut a release in the late summer but we can't guarantee that as
there are still a lot of things to do. Any help is welcome, but most of the
stuff isn't about FontBox anymore but the PDF spec and java rendering stuff.

Saying that, I'm afraid the FOP guys have to fork FontBox if they are in a hurry.

> Cheers,
> -g

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler, PDFBox Chair