www-feathercast mailing list archives

From Jagadish Venkatraman <jagadish1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releases, announcements, interviews at ApacheCon.
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 07:46:21 GMT
I'm a committer on the Apache Samza project and will be presenting at
ApacheCon BigData.

Samza is a top-level Apache project and is a stream processing framework
being used in production in LinkedIn, Uber, Netflix, and other companies.

We are planning the release of Samza 0.13 during the week of ApacheCon.
This new release is packed with several long-awaited exciting features like:
- A full-fledged streams DSL for expressing computations on streams like
joins, windowing etc.
- Samza as a light weight embedded library with auto-scaling
- Support for Flexible deployment models (in addition to YARN).

I'd love to talk about this Apache Samza release (and stream processing in
general).

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks alot!

--