www-feathercast mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject "What is it" podcasts
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:16:32 GMT
I keep intending to get started on this, but perhaps if I put the
project here, on this list, someone else will start where I don't have time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aLYWde3II9px_mywS7N0YEfb0FKENFB76nqV5lugKW8/edit#gid=0

The goal is to do a "what is it" podcast for each of our projects. Many
of our projects have project descriptions on their websites which are
inscrutable to anybody who's not already involved in the project. So I
imagine questions like:

* What is Apache Foo?
* Yeah, but what does it *do*?
* Can you give me an example of an organization that actually uses it,
and what they do with it?
* How does someone get involved?
  * What language it is written in?
  * What is being worked on for the next release?
  * What non-code needs does your project have?
* Wrap-up
  * Where's your website?
  * What's the best place to engage with the community? (ie, if it's not
the mailing lists.)

It was my intent to get into a cadence of doing one of these a week
after ApacheCon. I think that would be the perfect cadence, and if we
can even establish a day/time that our episodes go out every week, that
would be even better.

Meanwhile, however, I haven't even caught up to the recordings I did
onsite in Miami. :(

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon