www-gui-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Baron <alph...@ibm.net>
Subject Server Template
Date Sat, 09 Aug 1997 16:33:10 GMT
  Hello all, I wanted to notify u I finished a VERY basic server
template.
 It's a skeleton for the real server, flexible enough to use any of the
protocols we discuss.
 As for what's left, ( Justin can u send it to me? Randy, Harrie can u?
) here it goes:

 1. All of the config files to work on ( I mean all of them )
 2. Justin's planning for multu-server config ( More speciefic later )
   (The next things are my job, not to be sent etc.)
 3. The applet-server exchannge protocol
 4. The conf file parser ( Peace of cake once I have the config files )
 5. Justin can u update me where u r in tthe applet (etc. what features
are already on ) It   have some bugs, so I can't see all of the features

 6. Multi-server connection (That's later )

 That's all I think, A couple of days work and I'm done I think :) at
least until we decide to use SNMP......

 Randy: Do u have the binaries of the Apache for NT port? It''s sorta
BIG to install
 VC 5.0 now ( a few hundred megs etc.) thou I have it (VC 5).

 I'm working with VJ++ 1.1 it's not supporting the new JDK right now, so
RMI and Serialize are (for the moment) out of the question (that's the
way u write this?).
 Workshop 2.0 Beta is very messy about new Projects, not to mention it's
DOC.

 It took me an hour anf a half for the template, so u see that the
protocol is slowing us down.