www-gui-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez Ridruejo <ridru...@gtex-pracs.us.es>
Subject Re: Design & Ideas for the Apache GUI?
Date Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:03:19 GMT

Hello Robert,

Sorry for not answering before, but I hav not been online for a while

Basically, there are two projects : one backend configuration server  in and a
lightweight remote GUI. The idea is that the backend remains common and that
each one implements the GUI in the language/way he/she considers is best.

Some pages you may find interesting are:
http://butler.disa.mil
http://www.esi.us.es/~ridruejo/comanche

There are also some peoople developing a modle so Apache may be configured via
SNMP and someone has gently  offered to set up a CVS

That is what we have by now :-) I would like to hear of any good
idea/suggestion/contribution/new project  so I could place a link in my page

Best regards

DAniel

Pfister, Robert \ said:
> > I've been working on a GUI editor for Apache for a week or so, (and
> > thinking about doing it for a few months). I didn't discover this effort
> > until recently, and am curious about what the concept & design is,
> > and how I can contribute.
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Robb
> > robert.pfister@mci.com
> >
> > (in the mean time, I'm gonna keep plugging, and should have
> > something workable shortly)

Daniel Lopez Ridruejo                 "Imagination is more important
E-Mail: ridruejo@esi.us.es            than knowledge"
PGP key: finger ridruejo@esi.us.es    Albert Einstein