www-gui-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary E. Bickford" <ga...@fxt.com>
Subject Re: Newbye question bis
Date Sun, 03 May 1998 23:01:59 GMT
Good points.  If compiled as a CGI, PHP can run standalone just fine.  I've
used it for a couple of email scripts.  However, it's not really designed
for that.

I've been known to run multiple copies of Apache on a single machine.
Also, the Stronghold model (i.e., running a small server on a different
port) could be done with PHP.  I like the idea of a dedicated program
rather than html, though I already have firewall issues with Stronghold.  I
_have_ used ssh and port forwarding to run the Stronghold config server
(and also the Dynamo Admin server) over the firewall.  Works fine.