www-gui-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick T McLaughlin" <mclau...@OIT.EDU>
Subject Re: Odp: New Comanche version
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2000 13:43:52 GMT
Well said! I totally agree. After all, summarizing and complementing, this list
is about exploring and expanding possibilities for Apache. <-- period

:)

Note to Atif Ghaffar: May thee be grateful that you can operate on the
environment of your like, for some of us aren't so lucky...

Note to all bashers: Why do we always begin aimless discussions? It so seems
that this is extremely common on many discussion groups. Focus people! Focus! WE
WANT to know what YOU have to say about the topic in question in a simple,
studied and constructive manner.

;)

Sorry, got carried away... oops!

Patrick

----- Original Message -----
From: Walter Meyer <exnuke@highrad.com>
To: <gui-dev@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2000 12:04
Subject: Re: Odp: New Comanche version

Actually, NT seems pretty similar to any other OS. If it's set up right, it
runs great. If you don't know what you're doing... well, let's just say that
you probably won't enjoy the experience.

If you really sit back and think about it, wouldn't you rather help the
Apache on NT movement all that you can? Think about the number of people who
would run Apache rather than Microsoft's IIS, but who aren't comfortable
editing the .conf files directly.

And just in case you want to know where I stand...
I dual boot between NT 4 and Solaris 7 on my work machine. I also run RedHat
6.1 in a virtual machine using VMWare when I run NT so that I can have the
best of both worlds.

Walt
exnuke@highrad.com