www-marketing mailing list archives

From anthony shaw <anthonys...@apache.org>
Subject Apache Libcloud "road to 1.0"
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 21:53:21 GMT
To whom it may concern,

I am on the PMC for Apache Libcloud, which has been a TLP since 2011.

Tomaz Muraus (PMC Chair) is Cc'ed.

Libcloud is nearing the major milestone of a 1.0 release, which has
been many years in the making. We have released a community
pre-release http://libcloud.apache.org/blog/2016/01/26/libcloud-1-0-0-pre1-released.html
to get initial feedback.

To celebrate (and help market) the major milestone we would like to
design some swag to give away to our contributors that help us release
1.0 stable.

One of the ideas is to have a rock festival themed t-shirt and have
the "lineup" as a list of the contributors on the back. E.g.
https://www.rocknshop.de/images/product_images/popup_images/Hurricane_Festival_2014_T_Shirt_Logo_Wolf_Crest_mit_Line_Up_black-9267_1.jpg

We are also trying to promote more community involvement by speaking
at local meetups, featured on FLOSS weekly next week as well as
sharing on social media.

I have some questions:

* What help, if any, can we get in help talk and market the 1.0 major
milestone? Can we post guest blogs on the apache site? I have posted a
CFP for ApacheCon to talk about the major milestone and feature
announcements.
* Can we ask for t-shirt sponsorship from some of the commercial
organisations that use our project? For example SaltStack, Amazon and
Google. Can we then mention them and include their logo on the
t-shirt?
* If we cannot get sponsorship funding from commercial users, is there
a marketing fund to assist from the ASF?
* Can we use the apache brand on the front in line with the libcloud logo?

Regards,
Anthony Shaw