www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Andrew Kenna <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: New Mirror Layout
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:30:51 GMT
If you want to mirror all of the apache archives you will need to have some
perl scripts in place that will read in the index files for each site and
re-write them specifically for your local mirror.

I personally only mirror what I use as I don't have the luxary of cheap
bandwidth like most oversead uni's/companies do.

Regards

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: George R. Kasica [mailto:georgek@netwrx1.com]
Sent: 14, 11, 2001 1:29 PM
To: mirrors@apache.org
Subject: Re: New Mirror Layout

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:22:29 +1100, you wrote:

>Some of the stuff that I have listed in the archives would be useless, do
>you use any of the additional apache stuff like jakarta or mod_perl ?
Not personally, but as a mirror wouldn't it make sense to carry the
entire site??

>If you don't, just rsync those ones down to your server and use mod_rewrite
>to re-route httpd.apache.org to be your local mirror of httpd.apache.org
you lost me....

>If you can follow that, if not let me know
See above, more explanation please.

George

===[George R. Kasica]===        +1 262 677 0766
President                       +1 206 374 6482 FAX
Netwrx Consulting Inc.          Jackson, WI USA
http://www.netwrx1.com
georgek@netwrx1.com
ICQ #12862186