www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: Mirror Update time
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:17:14 GMT
Ok point taken, I don't have the time to check each distribution to see what they do..

Obviously I will just stick to the mirrors that are not upto date and leave the rest of them
alone.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Thom May [mailto:thom@positive-internet.com]
Sent: Thursday, 24 October 2002 7:05 PM
To: mirrors@apache.org
Subject: Re: Mirror Update time

* Andrew Kenna (andrewk@stamina.com.au) wrote :
> People, please follow the steps outlines on http://httpd.apache.org/
> The following are mirrors that are no longer valid, meaning 1 of the following
>
> 1) They are un-reachable
> 2) They do not contain the latest version of apache
> 3) They are running a version of apache pre-dating 1.3.26
>
> Does anyone have any problems with removing mirror sites that are running versions of
apache prior to 1.3.26 ?

Yes, this is bogus. Most OS distributions prefer to backport patches rather
than enforce an upgrade on their users.
Debian's 2.2 release (the last but one, and still recieving updates) has a
fully patched 1.3.9 version in, which is as secure as 1.3.26.
So you're just causing admins extra work for no real reason.
-Thom