www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Silio d' Angelo" <dang...@gno.uniroma2.it>
Subject Re: Unusual Traffic
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 11:01:47 GMT
may be download accelerators have this attitude but to download
something like 86,000,000 bytes about 12,000 times, it seems to me a
little excessive. And also, why all that is usually originated from
an IP non resolving the reverse address and most of the times from
some Chinese network ? This slows down the response of the server,
floods the log files and also sinks almost all the "ipport_userreserved".

Have you any suggestion on how to minimize their effects ?

Thanks for the attention,
                                 Silio ( dangelo@gno.uniRoma2.it )

[ . . . ]

>    this is what 'download accelerators' do : set up a lot of connections,
>    each getting a different chunk of the same big file ; exit code 206 ;
>    they are often badly written.
[ . . . ]