www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Opt-out from mirroring resource-intensive projects
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:14:07 GMT
Daniel Shahaf wrote on Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 13:04:25 +0300:
> Apache OpenOffice expects to produce a release candidate in the near
> future.  We will give this list a 24 hours' advance notice before those
> files are added to the rsync.apache.org seed.

The Apache OpenOffice (incubating) 3.4.0-rc1 release is expected to
happen on Wednesday UTC --- no sooner than 36 hours from now.  It will
be pushed to those who sync ::apache-dist.  It won't be pushed to those
who sync ::apache-dist-most.

Some of you have asked about removing the OOo 3.3.x releases.  Before
expressing an opinion on that we would like to know how many downloads
those files are seeing, so that we can assess the impact of potentially
removing those files from mirrors on other locations that carry them.

Daniel