www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy in v2.0
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:27:57 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:

Here's my suggestion:

Move the existing 2.0 proxy code (checked in) out of the way.

Move the 1.3.13 proxy code in, and either
1) reapply the original 2.0 upgrade patch
2) diff/patch it from the code moved out of the way in the first step

Apply Sam's APR cleanup patches.

This should be a reasonably straightforward process, and it leaves us
with an HTTP/1.0 functional proxy. Graham, that'll save you some time if
you want to do the HTTP/1.1 changes in place. No sense in totally
starting from scratch.

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> > We have a tag in the 1.3 tree from when we did our last merge.  That
> > should have been around 1.3.9.  I can't really be any more specific than
> > that.
>
> Some bugs I notice are not fixed in v2.0 are these ones fixed in
> v1.3.10:
>
>   *) ProxyPass and mod_rewrite's proxy mode erroneously converted
>      authentication requests to proxy authentication requests.
>      [Ben Laurie]
>
>   *) Fix problem with proxy configuration where globally set
> configuration
>      options were overridden inside virtual hosts.
>      [Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm>]
>
> The authentication bug involves changes scattered all over the source
> code, so it's not restricted to just mod_proxy.
>
> Regards,
> Graham

Chuck
Chuck Murcko