www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Current plan
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:55:41 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> I have looked at integrating it into our current file_cache work, but my
> gut is that the file_cache module is too complex right now.  I am
> considering a re-write to make it much simpler.
>
> Thoughts?

So far many of the caching thoughts that have gone past haven't taken
into account that HTTP/1.1 handles caches and inline proxies anyway. I'm
strongly in favour of developing a general HTTP/1.1 caching framework
because it will work everywhere within Apache.

Currently there is talk of the caching in what will become the new
mod_proxy, as well as the caching involved in mod_mmap_static (and
mod_file_cache, which I understand is basically a replacement for
mod_mmap_static?). One framework will cover all of these in one go.

Regards,
Graham