www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject mod_cache and the proxy.
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 01:52:04 GMT

Okay,

I have really spent a lot of time in the proxy today, and a lot of my
opinions have changed.  Here is where we are right now IMHO.

1)  The cache that is in the proxy.  This is messing up the code and
should be removed.  The cache is done for Apache 1.3, and that is just
wrong for 2.0.  I plan to spend some time tomorrow afternoon to rip the
cache out of the code.

2)  BUFF.  This is wrong.  We can remove a lot of duplicated code if we
can use filters for the back-end communication.  I think I see how to do
this VERY cleanly, but I need to actually write the code.  Expect this to
be done tomorrow sometime.

3)  mod_cache.c.  This needs to be done.  Since there are arguments
against putting it into CVS before it is ready, I am considering setting
up a CVS repository on my home machine to allow people to collaborate on
this cleanly.  I would ask people to give me a day to get this all
setup.  If somebody already has a CVS server setup for public use, and
they want to host this module until it gets stable, please speak up.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131