www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Mod Proxy Questions
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:49:08 GMT
Ian Holsman wrote:

> 1st ... a stupid one.
>    how do I build this on unix ? I've managed to do it by hand but I'm
> not 100% on if I'm doing it correctly...

In the v1.3 it gets built as part of the server build.

In v2.0 you need to grab the contents of the httpd-proxy/modules-2.0
directory and place them in httpd-2.0/modules/proxy. Then add
--enable-proxy to the configure script, and you should be fine from
there.

> 2nd are feature's i'd like to see
>    * passing cookies through the reverse proxy section

Cookies are already passed through - they are just another header to the
proxy. Is something not working with them?

>    * adding a query suffing to the URL in the reverse proxy part.

A query suffix? An interesting one... something I'll see if I can work
into mod_proxy v2.0.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon