www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Problems with OPTIONS
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:40:20 GMT
Hi all,

I've been battling with a problem with one of the HTTP access methods
(OPTIONS) and how it affects the proxy.

According to RFC2616 9.2 the OPTIONS method should be passed through a
proxy to the end server, but in Apache's case Apache itself always
handles the OPTIONS request, and mod_proxy never sees the request at
all, and therefore cannot pass it on.

I've been prodding and poking inside Apache trying to figure out where
OPTIONS is being hijacked, but I cannot figure it out. OPTIONS is
handled by the default_handler in core.c. Can anyone else here shed any
light on why mod_proxy never sees OPTIONS methods?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street