www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From minf...@sharp.fm
Subject Re: Proxy
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:50:14 GMT
hendri janto wrote:

> assume; I have apache proxy sittin on linux (DMZ zone)
> and my web server sitting on the Lan.
>
>           10.1.1.2  my proxy
>           10.1.1.1  my server
>
> assume that the site on the server that is open to the
> proxy is http://10.1.1.1/Windchill-login

Looks like you are trying to set up a reverse proxy - the browser
connects to 10.1.1.2, and that then talks to the real server at
10.1.1.1, which sends the reply back to the reverse proxy and then to
the browser.

> my httpd.conf of the proxy is as follow;
>
> <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
>    ProxyRequests On
                   ^^

This turns on the Apache forward proxy, which isn't what you are looking
for. This should be off.

>    LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common
>    CustomLog logs/proxy_log common
>
>    <Location />
>       Order Deny,Allow
>       deny from all
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>    </Location>

This is what is stopping you from seeing your site. Make this "order
allow,deny" and "allow from all"

>    <Directory proxy:*>
>       Order Deny,Allow
>       deny from all
>       Allow from all
>    </Directory>

The above config is for the forward proxy - it shouldn't be there at
all.

> </IfModule>

To get your reverse proxy working you need to add the following lines to
your virtual host configuration on 10.1.1.2:

      ProxyPass / http://10.1.1.1/
      ProxyPassReverse / http://10.1.1.1/

The first line above passes the requests through to the backend server,
and the second line makes sure that redirects get handled correctly.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street