www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <apache-pr...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Problem with Reverse Proxies & Weblogic 5.1.0 & HTTP 1.1
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:10:02 GMT

 >> just a heads up
 >> Weblogic has a problem with the reverse proxy sending HTTP 1.1 request.

 >Excuse the ignorance - what is weblogic?

Weblogic is a Java J2EE/Servlet engine.  (http://edocs.bea.com/index.html)
just like Apache's Tomcat.

 >> it returns the page OK, but it sits there for 60 seconds waiting for the
 >> next request
 >> (which never comes)

 >What sits for 60 seconds, the browser, the reverse proxy or the server?

weblogic does,
for some reason it doesn't do HTTP 1.1 properly. mod_proxy sends
Connection:close, but weblogic keeps
the connection alive.

I was trying to figure out how to downgrade the reverse proxy to 1.0, so
I can work around weblogic's bug.

I applied Both of your patches (sent to the list last friday)

..Ian