www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Problem with Reverse Proxies & Weblogic 5.1.0 & HTTP 1.1
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:57:56 GMT
Ian Holsman wrote:

> weblogic does,
> for some reason it doesn't do HTTP 1.1 properly. mod_proxy sends
> Connection:close, but weblogic keeps
> the connection alive.

This sounds a bit strange - having given a Connection:close, mod_proxy
then closes the connection without waiting around, so the connection is
definitely not alive at the end of the request. Is weblogic then not
responding to the closed connection properly?

I don't see how this can be worked around very elegantly apart from
contacting the weblogic people and trying to report it as a bug.

> I was trying to figure out how to downgrade the reverse proxy to 1.0, so
> I can work around weblogic's bug.

If you change the HTTP/1.1 string in ap_proxy_http_handler() to HTTP/1.0
in the request and response this will do the trick, but then it will do
it for all servers.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon