www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From <dgaudet-list-modproxy-...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Timeouts -- how to implement ???
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:49:06 GMT
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Ian Holsman wrote:

> imagine the situration where I have a mainly static page.. (say a news
> story) and I wan't to grab a fresh stock quote from another web server.
> I want to use the r-proxy to do this, and also have the ability to show
> the rest of the page if the quote server doesn't respond in 30ms.
>
> I dont think the r-proxy can support this at the moment, and would like
> to implement it... I was after a pointer as to how to do this.
> (ie... you'll need to modify the bucket read function)

with the caveat that i haven't looked at the 2.0 code in many months, what
you want is already supported.  it's not a parameter to the i/o functions,
it's an option you set on the underlying APR socket.  now what that API
actually looks like today (after the buckets and filters were added), i
dunno.  look for a setopt function.

-dean