www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Kwindla Hultman Kramer <kwin...@allafrica.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy patches for HTTP Header manipulation
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 20:36:19 GMT

Graham Leggett writes:
 > Kwindla Hultman Kramer wrote:

 > > If we are talking more generally about mod_headers features that would
 > > be nice to have in 2.0, I have been playing around a little with the
 > > idea of more powerful conditional header setting. Matching of a
 > > mod_rewritish-style -- using variables like %{HTTP_HOST} -- could be
 > > interesting.
 >
 > Duplicating functionality is something I'd like to avoid if I can. If
 > mod_rewrite can almost do what you need, then it should be changed so
 > that it does all of what you need, rather than writing the functionality
 > from scratch in another module.

I don't think this is feature duplication. mod_rewrite modifies URLs;
I'm interested in modifying HTTP headers. Am I missing something: is
there a way to

It is not always possible to segment application functionality by URI
alone. Attaching extra information to a request (by setting headers,
for example), is also often very helpful.

Bill Stoddard's patch is a step in the right direction. It only
handles a single sub variable (%D, like in mod_log_config), and
doesn't (yet) handle conditional setting.

Yours,
Kwindla