www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <I...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic Reverse Proxying
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 20:30:30 GMT
no..nothing to do with load balancing.

heres the situation...
we have multiple apps running through one server, and we determine what app the page gets
passed to
depending on a part of the file name.

so for example /news/story/123-123-12 would go to the story application,
where /news/lists/123-0-12-1 would go to a another and /news/blah/12312-123 would be served
from disk

we also want /gs/story/123-123-12 to go to the story application, and possibly
also /foo/bnar/123-9 to go there as well.

this could all be achived with rewriting the file/url so that it could map to a proxypass
line.

The next 'challenge' is that we want to be able to add new applications, or modify the settings
with
minimal changes to the config on the webserver (we plan to have some kind of XML page with
this logic
and it will be updated every hour or so) so when we have a new 'type of page' it will go in
without
a restart.