www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <I...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic Reverse Proxying
Date Thu, 17 May 2001 01:47:06 GMT

<offtopic>
actually the '?' gets parsed into a %3F (is this a bug?) which
stuffs up our java app.
</offtopic>

> This kind of functionality definitely has scope outside the proxy,
> because it is quite possible that apps you are trying to hide behind
> URLs are located on the same server. I have a feeling mod_rewrite will
> do this for you already, or if it doesn't, this is where modification
> should be made so it should.

> The proxy should only be doing
> one thing - proxying. Other apps should be handled by other bits of Apache.

yep.. I agree about proxy doing only proxying
at the moment there are 2 different ways for mod proxy to get called..
I was thinking of doing it a 3rd, but I'll just stick to re-writing the filenames
and hardcoding the proxy lines.