www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (httpd-proxy) Wed May 9 23:45:14 EDT 2001
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 09:53:45 GMT
Zvi Har'El wrote:

> I am not clear about the status of Keep-Alive support in mod_proxy/1.3.x.
> Both patches (1.3.19 and 1.3-current) have the lines
>
> +    /* we don't yet support keepalives - but we will soon, I promise! */
> +    ap_table_set(req_hdrs, "Connection", "close");

This keepalive comment refers to keepalives between the backend server
and the proxy, not the proxy and the browser. The proxy in v2.0 supports
keepalives on both connections (thus the promise of "soon" has been done
:)).

> So it seems there is no Keep-Alive support. If this it true, should the reverse
> proxy keep-alive support which used to be in
> http://persoweb.francenet.fr/~patsy/ap_proxy_ka/ap_proxy_ka-1.3.tar.gz be
> included in the patch? Since this URL is not available any more, and I have
> this tar file, I am attaching the patch here (It is free software).

Looking at the patch, it seems to be designed to support HTTP/1.0
keepalives between the proxy and the browser. The way keepalives worked
changed between HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1.

As I understand the current patch for v1.3.19 supports HTTP/1.1
keepalives between the proxy and the browser, and no keepalives between
the backend server and the proxy. Chuck?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street