www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (httpd-proxy) Wed May 9 23:45:14 EDT 2001
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 09:00:48 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:

> I also meant to add, if we want to +1 this patch I'll go ahead and
> integrate it with the 1.3 rollup I'm staging. I've got several other
> commits to both the core and the proxy, as well as the separate proxy
> upgrade.
>
> Do we want to consider this for both the standard and upgraded mod_proxy?

The trouble is that this patch implements HTTP/1.0 keepalives - and our
patch is a HTTP/1.1 proxy that already supports HTTP/1.1 keepalives, the
patch is obsolete.

RFC2616 does mention that there are problems with HTTP/1.0 clients and
HTTP/1.0 proxies, so the understanding I get is that it recommends that
HTTP/1.1 proxies not support HTTP/1.0 keepalives (although the spec is a
but vague).

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon