www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: apache 2.0 patch to force proxy to speak HTTP/1.0
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 15:15:52 GMT
Ian Holsman wrote:

> the people at BEA weren't the most up to date with
> HTTP (they thought using telnet to run a HTTP command
> was some kind of security attack )

Hmmm - the claim to build a webserver extension but know little about
HTTP... sounds familiar.

> it only happened when you sent connection:close in the first
> request. which mozilla/ie would never do.

Unless keepalives were switched off.

I see why it didn't work now - IE and Mozilla + proxy in theory would
have worked, but only if keepalives were switched on. If keepalives were
switched off, or if Netscape was used (which only supports HTTP/1.0),
the proxy would have added a connection: close on all requests (as
required by RFC2616) but BEA would have choked.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street