www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_proxy patches for HTTP Header manipulation
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 16:04:36 GMT
Kwindla Hultman Kramer wrote:

> Yes. My patch that added ProxyRequestHeader and ProxyResponseHeader to
> 1.3 was written using pattern matches (regexec, to be precise) because
> mod_proxy circa 1.3 handles only server-level directives.

Ok I see - mod_headers is independant of mod_proxy, so doesn't suffer
the scope limitations.

> If we are talking more generally about mod_headers features that would
> be nice to have in 2.0, I have been playing around a little with the
> idea of more powerful conditional header setting. Matching of a
> mod_rewritish-style -- using variables like %{HTTP_HOST} -- could be
> interesting.

Duplicating functionality is something I'd like to avoid if I can. If
mod_rewrite can almost do what you need, then it should be changed so
that it does all of what you need, rather than writing the functionality
from scratch in another module.

> The code looks great. I will work some tonight on getting 2.0 built
> and running on a test machine, so I can tell you for sure, in
> practice.

Cool - I'd be keen to see if it works for you.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street