www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: mod_proxy patches for HTTP Header manipulation
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 21:45:38 GMT
On Mon, 21 May 2001, Kwindla Hultman Kramer wrote:

> Bill Stoddard writes:
>  > Hi Kwindla,
>  > Give me a specific example and I'll see what I can do to scratch your itch :-)
>
> Heh,
>
> How about...
>

> RequestHeader  set  Language  fr  %{HTTP_HOST}  ^fr

Just before people go wild with this sort of thing, please consider
not inventing a new syntax for conditional directives.  We already
have CustomLog/Allow/Deny which get along well with the env=
syntax, as in:

SetEnvIf Host ^fr french
RequestHeader set Lanuage fr env=french

(I don't have much sympathy for the "all in one directive" argument when
there is existing code and knowledge that can be more efficiently used.)

Joshua.