www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: next 2.0 beta
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:51:49 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:

> It's not my intent for this to be the final packaging and distribution
> plan. It's really intended to get a rollup mechanism working, so we can
> talk turkey about where things really go from here.

Ok.

> While users get everything in a rollup build (as they do now in 1.3, for
> the most part) there's no reason they have to run everything. They just
> load what they want in their config.

Exactly - but the stuff must be there in the tarball already, so that
people need only "switch it on". I keep getting the feeling that people
want to have a no-modules-apache, and then a many-modules-apache, which
is a waste of people's time as the one is a superset of the other.

> That's why I'm proposing this first concrete step, so we can either
> start moving along to a resolution of this issue or decide this is the
> wrong way and abandon it.

Ok.

How about creating a STABLE branch of the proxy code. Our job is to
ensure the stable code works. The RM's job is to check out the latest
STABLE branch and roll it into Apache.

This way coordination between us and the RM is completely unnecessary -
if no changes have been made to the STABLE branch between rollup
releases who cares? The RM pulls and rolls - simple.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street