www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: next 2.0 beta
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:53:20 GMT
"Victor J. Orlikowski" wrote:

>  > This way coordination between us and the RM is completely unnecessary -
>  > if no changes have been made to the STABLE branch between rollup
>  > releases who cares? The RM pulls and rolls - simple.
>
> I like this idea, until we do a CPAN type of thing.
>
> That said, we have a ways to go to be STABLE, based on some of my
> testing from last night.

Then we shouldn't call it stable then, but rather LATEST.

At *all* times we must have *something* to give to the RM, who could
roll an Apache tarball without warning at any time.

> (says Victor, who is patrolling the bugdb as he writes this, and has
> turned over a segfault in the ftp proxy code, around the apr_strtok).

We know there are still bugs - it's logical to expect more as usage
becomes more widespread. Doesn't matter though, we simply find the bugs
and fix them. LATEST always represents the best version we can come up
with so far.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon