www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [Patch] mod_proxy round 2
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:01:15 GMT
... it seems my karma has failed me this afternoon [if someone would fix my
karma to modproxy, I would be greatly appreciative.]

  Introduce the proxy_walk for <Proxy > sections.  This patch takes advantage
  of the new map_to_storage hook to override the default mod_http TRACE
  behavior, and eliminate the <Files > and <Directory > block processing.

  This is the next step in cleaning out the <Directory > processing.  It would
  be more elegant if the proxy: prefix weren't required or used.  Feel free to
  extend this solution.

Before you even think to complain about <Files > being gone, consider that
there is no way for the Proxy server to detect the difference between
/somessi.shtml and /somessi.shmtl/with/some/args.  We don't have the
concept of path_info the way that the 'real' server would.  So <Files > really
hasn't been useful in any meaningful way.

I'm going on with the next part of the core patches, this one is required before
mod_proxy will run again.  Also (at the end) are some changes that use the cross
compatible VC5/6/7 debug flag (the /ZI flag isn't recognized by VC5).

Bill