www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <orlikow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpd-2.0 nightly build log
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:39:09 GMT
Hum....

I think that keeping a stable version of the proxy, which runs with 2.0,
demands re-integration into the tree.
However...
I think that the httpd-proxy sandbox needs to be kept around for 2.1
development. Proxy developers working on a 2.1 (or whatever version is
in devel) can see about making sure that the code in the sandbox works
with the server. But the stable code should *always* work with the server.

So basically, my opinion is that we have devel versions of the proxy hosted
in the httpd-proxy sandbox, which do not always work with the server (due
to heavy devel, whatever) and stable versions that track the server kept with
the server source. Duplicates code in two projects somewhat, but guarantees
that there is always a working proxy for the server. When the devel work on
the proxy gets close to mature, an import can occur from the httpd-proxy
sandbox.

This should take care of your concerns, Bill.

My 2 cents,

Victor