www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (httpd-proxy) Wed Aug 8 23:45:35 EDT 2001
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 08:51:40 GMT
Hi,

First let me apologize that I waste your expensive time with the following
question, while on the other hand I haven't contributed anything useful
lately (hopefully to be changed in the future...), due to lack of time.

We are all used to these procedural status messages, that at least in my
eyes are completely useless, due to their obsolence and for being *SO*
outdated.

However, the last message made me curious to know what is really going.

I'll be grateful if you can answer me the following about the status of
mod_proxy in Apache-2.0.23:

1. Is it stable, more or less?  How does its stability compare to mod_proxy
   of 1.3?
2. Does it support HTTP/1.1?
3. Is there still any showstopper?
4. Does it support ALL sites? (including problematic such as akamai, yahoo,
   etc.)
5. How does it perform?  How does its performance compare to 1.3?
6. How does it work with SSL turned on?

If there are two versions of mod_proxy (as in 1.3), one that is included in
the standard source tree of Apache, and another one which is applied as
patches, please answer the above questions about both of the versions.

And back to the "[STATUS]" message: Although I asked these questions
because of my own interest, having the answer for the above questions will
allow people like me to update the status file, and to make it useful.

Thanks,
--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it