www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (httpd-proxy) Wed Aug 8 23:45:35 EDT 2001
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:37:57 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:

> >> 6. How does it work with SSL turned on?
> >
> > Dunno - but if it doesn't it's a bug.
> >

> There's an experimantal mod_ssl proxy which uses mod_proxy. It's enabled
> by
>
> --enable-rule=SSL_EXPERIMENTAL
>
> with the other experimental parts of mod_ssl. Very untested.

The above is the case for v1.3, and refers to the proxy -> backend
connection.

There are plans for the v2.0 proxy to support this as soon as mod_ssl's
SSL filters are working properly.

In both cases the browser -> proxy connection can be SSL without any
problems.

> There are CVS snapshots of both 1.3+mod_proxy-HTTP/1.1 and 2.0+mod_proxy
> in http://cvs.apache.org/builds/httpd-proxy/. Apr and apr-util are not
> included in the latter.
>
> For 1.3 the hope is to slog through the existing proxy bugs, and fold in
> the HTTP/1.1 patch in a 1.3.21 or higher release (a "final" 1.3 release).

The majority of the bugs in the database are gone from the code, they
just haven't been updated in the bug database. Been on my todo list to
update this for ages...

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon