www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (httpd-proxy) Wed Aug 8 23:45:35 EDT 2001
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:26:28 GMT
First, let me thank Chuck and Graham for answering me in particular, and
for the whole important work they (among others) are doing in general.

Actually, I know that mod_proxy is not included in the standard source of
2.0.*, officially.

However, again and again, I see mentions of mod_proxy regarding the
standard source tree.

For example, on August 8, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I have found the bug.  :-)  At least, I have found the thing causing the
> seg fault in the proxy code.  The problem is that the code asks for an
> offset of -1, and the current > code can't handle that.  I will fix
> that, and commit a patch.

The discussion was about a crashing build of the standard Apache.

So what's the source of the confusion?
Are there hooks and/or other stuff of mod_proxy that is built into the
standard tree, to enable the inclusion of the external mail part of the
module?

Chuck wrote:

> There are CVS snapshots of both 1.3+mod_proxy-HTTP/1.1 and 2.0+mod_proxy
> in http://cvs.apache.org/builds/httpd-proxy/. Apr and apr-util are not
> included in the latter.

This is, of course, random snapshots of the CVS which is modified
dynamically, and may be in the middle of a series of patches when it is
"snapshotted" into this directory, and to be very unstable.

Is there any less unstable version from the last days?
Anything for the rolled 2.0.23?

Thanks,
--
Eli Marmor