www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher R Key (Chris)" <chris....@wcom.com>
Subject Re: adding module mod_proxy to apache - OFFTOPIC
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:06:06 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:

> Ian Holsman wrote:
>
> > why wouldn't you just implement a custom include tag to get the name
> > Hello <!--#ldap get="name" -->, welcome to the page
>
> Could do that too - but the main app I have for it is to serve large
> LDAP attributes as URLs directly in a very thin layer. A example would
> be to store images, whatever in an LDAP object and serve them directly
> to the browser without the need for some kind of expensive layer in
> between.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention to all of the LDAP discussion.
Based on what Ian and Graham have mentioned, it doesn't see as though
the ldap proxy will be a complete proxy (like Innosoft's directory
access router).  Am I mistaken?  Also, has any thought been given to how
non-anonymous ldap connections will be handled (if at all)?

Thanks for all the work.
--

Chris

--
Flugg's Law:
	When you need to knock on wood is when you realize