www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: httpd-2.0 nightly build log
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:47:30 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> Right now we have Apache 2.0 - which aims to be an HTTP/1.1 reference implementation.
> Today that RFC includes all of the Proxy functionality.
>
> One thing I forsee (possibly) happening is a splintering of HTTP v.s. HTTP-PROXY v.s.
> HTTPS v.s. HTTPS over HTTP.  You get my thought.
>
> If we will want to continue to support Apache 2.0/Proxy 2.0, while building the next
> generation of proxy protocol support, I'd suggest where mod_proxy lives today is the
> ideal location.  We could begin implementation of future features, independent of
> the HTTP/1.1 specification.
>
> If anyone disagrees, please be vocal.  I'm 100% up on tight integration between _ALL_
> of the subprojects (and will make it so on Win32), but I'd like to know Proxy can
> continue to evolve in a module-2.1 branch while still supporting the current
> implementation.

I would say the easiest way to do this is to support the current
implementation inside httpd-2.0/modules/proxy, while supporting a future
development track at httpd-proxy/module-2.1.

This way there is no confusion as to what belongs to what.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street