www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: Charsets, Akamai, and Rock-n-Roll
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 14:28:21 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:

> Eli Marmor wrote:
>
> > 2. There are still problems with akamai. The page I mentioned, fails in
> >    downloading 67 of its components. Many of them are akamai's, and the
> >    others have probably the same cause of problem (the number - 67 - is so
> >    high because the browser counts all the repeatitions).
>
> What version of the proxy code did you use? I managed to replicate this
> problem a few months ago, but then after some updates were made to the
> filter code the problem went away and it worked fine for me since on
> Linux/PPC.
>
> I think this might be a platform specific thing.

Platform: SPARC/Solaris8

Version:

Quite new, from the CVS, but stable (no major changes before/after):

* httpd-2.0+mod_proxy_20010901210000
* apr_20010902042105
* apr-util_20010902042122

GCC/libtool/autoconf/etc.: Latest from sunfreeware.com

The other details (browser, configuration, etc.) were detailed in my
original message, including the site ( http://www.ynet.co.il ).
Although it's Hebrew, you can try to access it; You'll have 60-70
items (most are images) which can't be loaded.
No problem if you access the site directly.

(I used the proxy normally, and not as a reverse proxy).

--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it